A New Twist on the Old Classic: Three Different S’Mores Recipes for Your Next Campfire
S’mores can be ooey. Oftentimes they’re gooey. But one thing is for certain – it’s well worth the delicious mess. S’mores are more than just an after-dinner treat – they’re a rite of passage. For generations, s’mores have brought young and old together while swapping stories and making memories around campfires across the nation. When you combine graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate, you create one savory taste of summer.
While the traditional s’mores recipe is sure to put a smile on your face, it’s okay to change things up a bit. Whether you prefer your marshmallows a golden, toasty brown or fiery and seared to charred perfection, there’s a new recipe waiting for you to try!
Caramel Apple S’mores (It has apples in it..it must be healthy right??)
Ingredients: Granny smith apples, marshmallows, chocolate bar of your choice
- Thinly slice granny smith apples.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Place chocolate on one apple slice.
- Top with marshmallows and drizzle caramel.
Original Recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a54543/caramel-apple-smores-recipe/
S’More Krispie Treats (no campfire required!)
Ingredients: Butter, mini marshmallows, Golden Grahams cereal, chocolate bar of your choice broken into smaller pieces
- Grease a 9” x 13” pan with butter.
- Piece apart chocolate bar
- Melt butter in large pot over medium-low heat and then add all but 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in Golden Grahams.
- Press into 9” x 13” greased pan and top with chocolate pieces and remaining mini marshmallows.
- Heat broiler and cook until marshmallows are toasted (about 2 minutes)
- Set for 30 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Original Recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47627/smores-bars-recipe/
S’More Milkshake (warning: this milkshake brings everyone to your camper)
Ingredients: Marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate bar of your choice, vanilla ice cream, milk
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place marshmallows on baking sheet and place in broiler until toasted (1-2 minutes). Once toasted, set aside.
- Place five graham cracker squares in a plastic bag and finely crush. Pour crumbs onto a small plate.
- Using microwave, melt two chocolate bars in bowl.
- Dip the top of your glasses into the melted chocolate, then into the plate of graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- Place ice cream, milk and toasted marshmallows in blender.
- Pour milkshake into glasses and garnish with remaining chocolate and graham crackers.
Original Recipe: S’mores Milkshake (celebratingsweets.com)
And just in case we didn’t give you enough s’more recipes to try, here are a few new twists on the old classic:
- Graham crackers with marshmallows, dark chocolate and BACON (yes we said it. Add bacon to your s’mores).
- Graham crackers with peanut butter, bananas and marshmallows (hunka-hunka burning love Elvis style)
- Graham crackers with marshmallows, caramel and toasted coconut (Samoa S’More – say that three times fast)
Whether you try something new or stick with the old classic, just know that there is always a place for you around the glow of a campfire; especially if you are bringing the s’mores!